Lights on ZTRs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SproulsLawnCare, Jan 29, 2005.

1. SproulsLawnCare

SproulsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member
    from IN

Does anyone have a light kit on their JD ZTR? I have been searching for a picture of the light kits on a JD ZTR, and I was wondering if the switch for them is mounted in the instrument panel? The JD website says that it comes with instructions leading me to believe that I have the option of installing it myself. Kind of wonder how involved the process would be.

Anyone with pictures of the lights, and/or switch mounting - please post a picture.

Thanks!

2. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

wondering the same. I looked at them and was trying to decide between them for the JD price or 2 lights from tsc and some home grown wire harness.
    I got caught a couple times in the dark last fall, can't say i cared for that, almost done and got dark on me.
    I'd like to see a pic too.

3. smlavin

smlavin LawnSite Member

Stumper1620,

What is TSC? Do you have a website link to the lights? Thanks :waving:

4. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, I'd like to put some on my 757, but I'd really like it to look factory installed, not ghetto, on my prize machine!

5. Bull

Bull LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

TSC = Tractor Supply Company - one of my favorite places to shop.

6. turftammer

turftammer LawnSite Member

I thought everyone knows what TSC is. I guess it's a redneck thing. tsc is also known as tractor supply co.

7. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

My 737 is my prize also. high grade rough service farm tractor lights are not "getto", my talent for making home grown wire harnesses complete with relays is not "getto", The only difference between my harness and JD is mine will probly be better protected against rubbing thru on the frame. The lights I looked at are equal in appearance to JD, but maybe brighter since the intended purpose is to light up off road farm fields for corn pickers and tractors.

8. smlavin

smlavin LawnSite Member

Oh, I've seen a Tractor Supply Company in Texas but we don't have them in Mississippi. :cry: I know I would love one close.

9. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Relax man :drinkup: ,

After looking at the way my post was worded and the fact that you posted first, I do see how you could think I was speaking to you. I wasn't referring to you in any way with my post, honestly. So please don't take offense.

Actually, what I had in mind when I was posting was what my local JD dealer told me when I was looking at the lighting option last Fall. Basically, I've got faith in them but they didn't sell me on the idea of installing the lights because no one could tell me how they would mount the switch. I'm sure they would figure it out, but I'm hoping they'll get some practice on somebody's else's first.

Does anyone know how Deere would have the switch mounted?

10. mownredneck

mownredneck LawnSite Member

What part of Miss. are u from? There is one here in Athens.