lights

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by cat320, Oct 16, 2001.

1. cat320

cat320 LawnSite Senior Member

I am doing Drive way lights that will sit on 20" X 20" colums that I'm making out of decorative blocks need help i finding a regular incadecint bulbof about 75-100watts or a florecint typ bulb. Is there any place that specializes in drive way lights like that and not the small candell bulbs.Ant help would be appriciated thanks.

2. Stonehenge

Stonehenge LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're asking for, a local hardware store ought to do the trick.

3. Rex Mann

Rex Mann LawnSite Senior Member

are you usining line voltage (120v) or 12 volt.

Rex

4. cat320

I'm useing regular 120 volts ,can't seam to find what i'm looking for in just the hardware store and even home centers I thought that there might be a specialty store that I have not heard of. basicly it's a 20 " x 20" block colum that a light will sit on at about 4' high just want a regular bubl or florecent and all the store are pushing is those candell opra bulbs that really cost too much and don't last that long.

5. Stonehenge

Stonehenge LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

I'm sorry I can't be of more help. It sounds like the kind of bulb you want is of the usual 'bulb' shape, has a clear glass, you can see the filament, right?

They're available here by the thousand. And not the candelabra kind, either.

6. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

Go to an electrical or lighting supply store.

7. Rex Mann

Rex Mann LawnSite Senior Member

Cat320,

Try cascadelighting.com

Rex

8. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

Outdoor lights are subjected to all the elements so be certain to use a fixture and 'bulb' designed to withstand the weather. A lighting supply house will handle well-known brands such as Hadco, Nightscaping, Hanover and Kim. Using 12-volt will simplify the install but look at all your factors.

9. smithsonmi

smithsonmi LawnSite Member

Are you referring to the actual light fixture that can accommodate a standard sized bulb? (vs. the smaller end candelbra bulbs). If the big guys don't have it, you will have to revert to the lighting suppliers. Be sure to get the flourescents rated for outdoor use.

I agree that most outdoor fixtures pushed today use multiple candelbra bulbs which can be 3-4 40-60W bulbs...pricey to run!

10. cat320

thanks for the help guy I finnaly found one.They are cooper framed with plenty of glass and can accept any regular bulb up to 100 watts.A mater of fact the one I picked out is the same one that Diseny world has all over the place and it's from this same co I found localy.