Lights

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Jim Thornton, Apr 12, 2004.

1. Jim Thornton

Jim Thornton LawnSite Member

Hello - Is it possible to mount some type of headlights on my Super mini Z? It would be nice to mow after dark occaisionally.

2. Brian Fillmore

Brian Fillmore LawnSite Member

I have had dealers mount light kits on z's in the past. If you dont feel confident tackling the project yourself, I'm sure your local dealer will mount it.

Brian

3. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

There is a Hustler light kit available for the Mini Z, Hustler Z and FasTrak, we do not recommend them for any of the Super Z's or ATZ's, due to the amp draw on the system, the Super Z is running a electric fan in addition to the electric clutch and charging the battery all at the same time.

Pj

4. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Someone needs to introduce and LED headlight setup. Hint hint :D Ahh, heck with it! The Super Z is so fast, you're done way before dark :cool:

5. superman

superman LawnSite Member

I really need lights also. Is there anything we could do to mount lights on a super z? Would the last suggestion about using LED's be an option?

6. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

It is not a matter of mounting them, they will bolt right into place, the issue is amount of amps needed to run the lights, along with the PTO and hydro cooler fan.
    The engine we use have the largest amp rating we can buy already.
    As far as led's, I will forward this to our product manager and see what he has to say.

Pj

7. greasy_gun

greasy_gun LawnSite Senior Member

PJ

What is the part #/price for the light kit on a 5 day old mini_z? :)

8. superman

superman LawnSite Member

Thanks PJ, that would be great. I know that LED's pull a lot less, so maybe it will be the answer.

9. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

the light kit please. That is something I am interested in installing.

10. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I ran a set of pilot fog lights on my super z for 4 months (until one of my employees got them ripped off by a tree branch) without any problems. The pilot lights really lit up the yards to.