Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Lawndude, Jul 26, 2001.

1. Lawndude

Lawndude LawnSite Member

Lightscaping Any 1 deal with it? is it anything to get involved in?

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

I am just learning about it myself. I think it is going to be a hard sell for most clients due to the high cost and fact that you really dont' need it ? Especially when home depot sells kits with transformers for $99. and we pay more than twice that just for a good transformer. Obviously our products will last millions of times longer but the up front cost seems quite high.. There are two sources That I know of in our areas for the supplies and training .. Aquarius Irrigation and Cascade lighting. Both have sites check em out..If you come accross any more let me know. how do you think of approaching the sale of this service let me know your ideas on selling it. Thanks
  3. Lawndude

Lawndude LawnSite Member

I my self like lightscaping and wouldnt mind ofering it as a service but i think it is the kind of thing that should be seperate from a landscaping company. Lightscaping should in my opinion me just 1 seperate company that just deals with lightscaping. It has become popular in my area but not with landscaping companys. Local people are just throwing signs on the sides of the family car and ofering the service. Im sure they are doing very well with the increase in developments in the area. I think it will grow in popularity as time goes on.

Sorry if this sounds kind of rushed. Im running out the door to go to work.
  4. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

OK, now I'm curious. I've never heard of a landscaper waiting until 11 am to start work for the day. What's your secret?
  5. Henry

Henry LawnSite Senior Member

In N. Jersey you also have Century Rain Aid. There's one at Shemin Nursery in Mahwah and one in Franklin Lakes. Like Aquarius they sell irrigation, drainage, lighting and pond supplies.
  6. Lawndude

Lawndude LawnSite Member

lol no rain and my buddy who i work with is gone on vacation so we slowed things down so i decided to start out late. the job sites are mainly right down the road from us.
  7. Myself, I was interested in this also. I e-mailed nightscape, Vista lighting ect.... Only one company rep called me after 3 weeks(Vista). At least he called me and will let me know the next time classes are offered in my area. He also said that the first couple of jobs that I do, he would more than happy to come to the job site just to get me started in the right direction.

Guess who's products I'm going to buy when I get going on this.