Lightweight Backpack Blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by superbee, Nov 19, 2006.

1. superbee

superbee LawnSite Member

I need another backpack blower and want to buy a right hand controlled blower with the best power to weight ratio. My wife will be helping me mow next season and I need something she can start and carry. We have alot of brands available in my area so service should not be a problem. I've heard good things about the Echos and Kawasakis. Right now I use Redmax but they don't make any real light weight right hand controlled blowers. Thanks.

2. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

The Redmax EBZ5000/RH that I own is a solid blower that weighs in @ 20 lbs.
    The price is right and it is much more quiet than the other models Redmax produces. :usflag:

3. noseha

noseha LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

julee starts and runs the BR 600

4. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

Any blower with tube mounted throttle will work. I like echo the best so I would get the 403. If you wanted a big blower the 755 is great and isn't to heavy.

5. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I'll second Noseha's mention of a BR600.

Rob

6. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

If you want power to weight, the Kaws seem to be the best/lightest out there.

7. Grass Kickin

Grass Kickin LawnSite Member

I have a Echo but it is significantly heavier than a small Husqvarna. This thing is really light and pretty powerful. I'll look for the numbers on it for you.

8. Just Mow

Just Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I'll second that as well. Plus it is the easiest starting blower out there as well.

9. barcode148

barcode148 LawnSite Member

the shindaiwa eb630rt great power and i believe it is the lightest blower with a mph of 200+ had one and loved it

10. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

Echo PB-620...great power and lightweight plus 2 year commercial warranty