lightweight gas hedge trimmer........

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lickedysplits, Aug 6, 2004.

1. lickedysplits

lickedysplits LawnSite Member

can anyone recommend a lightweight gas hedge trimmer, you know something that a woman can handle. and easy starting.
    thanks,
    eddie

2. sethsodsquad

sethsodsquad LawnSite Member

Why not an electric one?

3. lickedysplits

lickedysplits LawnSite Member

to slow

4. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

Echo i would give them a try easy to start

5. sethsodsquad

sethsodsquad LawnSite Member

Yeah, I agree with the Echo hedge trimmer for gas - but have you really ever tried a good electric hedge trimmer?

In Grounds Maintenance this month, they found a really good 26" electric hedge trimmer.

Electrics are also much easier to service.

6. allstar

allstar LawnSite Senior Member

Before I started my landscaping business I used a Black&Decker "Hedgehog";electric w/a power pack and 14.4V.It works surprisingly well especially for basic bush trimming and touch-ups and it's EXTREMELY lightweight.
    Now I use a Stihl HS45 most of the time.I believe it's the smallest one Stihl makes and it's reasonably light.I still carry my B&D to use as a back-up.Good luck.

7. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

You might consider the Redmax CHT2200...9 lbs., and smooth running.

8. galagers

galagers LawnSite Member

Echo makes one that has a ratchet start system to make starting easier, also a light unit. I like my electric B&D Brushhog cuts the thick stuff and is easy to start only problem is when you say Gee I hope I don't cut the zappp.

9. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

Little wonder electric hedge trimmers will do anything a gas trimmer will do and they are very durable.

Oldtimer

10. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

How are they too slow? i have a pair of Little wonder and they kick right through without a problem...