lightweight trimmers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by beatsworking, Jan 7, 2014.

1. beatsworking

beatsworking LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

Anyone have thoughts on a echo 266 vs. husqvarna 323? guess I need to decide between all around trimmers vs light weight trimmers like the redmax 2350 or echo 225

2. MRCo.

MRCo. LawnSite Member

$269.99, and they are very nice light duty commercial trimmers, as advertised. The speed feed heads will fit directly on them. They have same shaft and gear heads as the bigger models. I have a bunch sold with literally no warranty claims, and I honestly can't think of one that ended work besides the usual fuel lines, air litre, etc.

3. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Question for you.. how old are the Echo SRM-225 trimmers you are using?

4. beatsworking

beatsworking LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

I had one that was 5 years old, sold it with carb issues last year. That one was run with 87 octane and only ever had basic maintenance done to it. My current ones are a year old and run perfectly. I'm still part time so they don't see tons of use but at least 5 hours a week.

5. grassguy03

grassguy03 LawnSite Member

I would definitely check out the husky 323L it's well balanced and the trimmer head is great.

6. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Another vote for the Husky 223, and especially the 323. They cannot be beat for weight/power for the price and durability.

7. GQLL

GQLL LawnSite Senior Member

We like the Stihl fs100rx light weight and plenty of power.

8. aroddy

aroddy LawnSite Senior Member

I'd test the 323L/ 326LS. Both only weigh 9 lbs and they are plenty powerful. The parts are stupid cheap. $22 carbs and $28 starter assm. Either that or the shindaiwa T242. I sell a bunch of those
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Since the OP is doing lots of edging, I'll recommend more power than the lil RM 2350 at 1 hp. The Husky 323 is a more robust 1.2 hp.

10. Middle Tennessee Lawn

Middle Tennessee Lawn LawnSite Member

We are trying echo srm266s this year steel shafts have less vibration and run smoother overall. We have tried many makes and models but hope this is the golden goose of echos
    Posted via Mobile Device