1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Like these blades?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FrankenScagMachines, Oct 21, 2003.

1. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Look what I found at the parts store yesterday, some super high lift blades! They're PrimeLine number 7-06425 and sold for a Lesco 36 or 52" mower. I got them for my eXmark. This was the only ones they had in the book with this much lift. Can't wait to try them with gators on top for leaves, bet they will get even soggy glued to ground leaves :) Can always put on the standard lift blades on top of these for even more lift. Bet they will hog the horsepower too though :( have not put them on yet, have been gone all day. maybe tomorrow.
  2. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

oh yeah, pic ;)

3. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Yep those got some lift alright!
  4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

They're the 3" wide HI-LIFTS, right? 18" long 3" wide, .204 thick, and full length sharpened. Same blade for 36"/52" SCAG, LESCO, Exmark, and many others.

They take a LOT of HP. I used to use that type for my 48" SCAG.

Your right, they'll suck the grass up all right! Hope you have the power. I don't think you'll be able to "double" these with anything other than a flat blade.

Just warning you!
  5. heybruck34

heybruck34 LawnSite Senior Member

I use one of those on the discharge side of my Scag 48 WB. I run two standards and that. But when I run doubles- which I will probably be doing starting this week for leaves- I only run standards with Gators. The airflow is plenty doesn't pull too much horsepower.

I really like the Super Hi Lift on the discharge side for 90% of the year tho- found that running all 3 Super Hi Lifts caused too much blow-out.
  6. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

Tommy, yes them's the ones. I have never seen any like this in person they got alot more lift than the eXmark eXcalibur blades even. Only listed under Lesco in the book. Not sharpened to center. Here's another pic. Yes I know they'll hog power. I was planning on cutting the lift off of my old somewhat worn out standard lift blades and use them as straight flat blades for doubles. stacked on these high's I think it would do great. Oh, forgot to tell ya the price on these, $20.xx each !! I got all three for $42.15 on my discount on the credit account. they better be good. I need more lift, some of my lawns are rye and fescue and don't like to lift up to get cut at 4", they like to lay over a bit. then the cut looks kinda ragged. even with gators over standard lift.

Hey Bruck, you talking about a fixed deck Scag? I have an anti-blowout baffle for my eXmark. works great!

7. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

The only downside to hi-lift blades is that your baffles will wear quicker especially in dusty conditions. The dirt will "sandblast" the baffles of the deck and wear through. Other than that cut is great.
  8. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

Now thats Sucking Power Batman;)
  9. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

Those look like the high lifts I use on muy lesco 36" with gator on top. It is quite a bit for the 14hp to turn but I have it turned up a bit too. They do really move some air.
  10. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Used a set one time on my 18hp 48" Scag................bogged her down so bad had to take them off. Haven't tried them on anything else.