like to know your thoughts

Discussion in '<a href=' started by wjm, Nov 13, 2003.

1. wjm

wjm LawnSite Member

I would like to know what every one thinks about the Clarke line of welders. mainly the 110 V . I don't know much about welders. but I thought they were a good price and quality.

Thank you for any input.
  2. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

depends on how much you use it, for little work it would be ok, but not enough power to fab a trailer for example, also don't know the availability of parts..
  3. ducky1

ducky1 LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with vipermanz. I think you would be better off with one that at least runs on 220. You are able to do much more than one that runs on 110.
  4. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

Go for it! My dad has had one for years. He loves it and can't believe the good quality for the price. It will build a trailer if you know how to weld. 220 units are great, untill you want to weld something at the end of the driveway or at your friends house. Larger welders have higher amps (welding 3/8 or thicker) and longer duty cycles ( weld contantly for longer times) neither situation are you or I going to come across very often. Yes I have a 220 machine but only cause I wanted it not cause I needed it. A small quality machine is fine. I would recomend getting the gas kit. It seams much smoother than flux core.