1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

lil more fishing

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by tat900, Aug 9, 2007.

1. tat900

tat900 LawnSite Senior Member

Went fishing last friday nite again and pulled another hog out

2. rfed32

rfed32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Hatboro

nice...im guessin boat...if so what kind, and pics if you can
  3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

I think i might have to take a break this weekend and go do a lil fishin
  4. tat900

I know I am this weeknd
  5. Tim03

Tim03 LawnSite Member

Details please, where did you catch that and do they all grow that big?
    What did you use?
  6. tat900

Caught in arkansas on lake conway , No they dont all get that big . Caught on rubber worms weightless flipping in lily pads . Heat is bad right now and fish arent bighting till dark .
  7. Americal Vet

Americal Vet LawnSite Senior Member

Fished that lake many times. I grew up in Morrilton, and we did most of our fishing on the Arkansas River, but sometimes on Lake Choctaw.

Nice fish by the way:drinkup:
  8. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

Nice Fish. We went salmon fishing last saturday. We got these big boys.

9. AndyTblc

AndyTblc LawnSite Fanatic

Last time I went fishing, I caught and minnow sized blue gill, and a leaf. I think the leaf was bigger the the fish. I'm no good at fishing.
  10. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

A couple of years ago, I took my brother in law to a lake in town because he wanted to go fishing. It was more like a pond and we were fishing off the dock. Of course, I did not catch anything like usual but I did bring in a stick off the bottom and it happened to have a lure attached. I figured that I would try it since someone else figured it would work. No luck with that either.

But there were some Canadian geese that were swimming by and I figured that since I couldn't get any fish, I would try for a goose. So, I cast the line out and I caught one on the first cast. He put up quite a fight for a little bit and was swimming under water but I pulled him in. I was wondering how I was going to get the hook out but when I got him in, I saw that the line had wraped around his neck and the hook had caught on the line - like a noose. So, I just undid it and let him go.

I was thinking of just breaking his neck and having goose for supper but I figured that I would be breaking some law that I was not yet aware of so I decided against it.