1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

lil wonder for beds

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by grassroots lawn, Mar 3, 2006.

1. grassroots lawn

grassroots lawn LawnSite Member

I have noticed the small landscaping co's in my area use this type of edger to cut existing mulch beds..thinking of buying one ,instead of a straight edge shovel to make anice clean cut..We used bedmasters at a college i worked at but did not get that sharp cut.any ideas,suggestions..

LANDSCAPER30 LawnSite Member
    from IN

I have a Turfco Edge-R-Rite II and is ideal for going back and cutting existing bed lines. It isn't heavy and is quite manuverable. I have had mine for a few years now and has really saved our backs. It also cuts out new beds pretty well too. I think I spent around 1200.00-1500.00 for mine. It also has a Honda motor on it....starts everytime.:usflag:

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member

We use the bed shaper from little wonder. I have used them all and found for the size properties that we do it is the best for us. It is self propelled and very fast, makes a nice deep clean cut.