Lime application pricing

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by LEO, Sep 3, 2006.

1. LEO

LEO LawnSite Member

Can any give me a ball park pricing figure on lime applications of 50 lbs per 1000 sq. ft. on a flat lawn?

2. muddstopper

muddstopper LawnSite Silver Member

Leo, I can tell you this, the cost of materials is very minimal. Its the high cost of going to get the material ,delivering the material, and the time applying the material you will be paying for. Also the cost for just 1000 sqft will be much higher than it would be for several 1000 sqft. Try to be a little more specific about how much area you intent to treat and you can get a better answer. For larger acreages, I normaly charge three times material, but there is no way I could apply just one bag of lime on 1000sqft that cheap, and can only get away with that price if I am doing several properties that day and can schedule them out so that I do them all that day. I wouldnt even turn in your drive way for 1000 sqft.

3. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow Have you done a soil test to see what is recommended?

At that rate the ground will be really white.:dizzy:
    It is my understanding that you put out 10-15 pounds a 1000/sf in fall and in spring soil test and more if needed.

4. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

actually 5 lbs per 100 is the max. recommended rate for corrective action, for maintance dose i would say 2 lbs per 100 which would be 20 lbs per 1000 so that would be a 50 lb bag would cover 2500 sq ft. the ground wouldn't be white because granular lime is brown and dusty.

5. GrazerZ

GrazerZ LawnSite Senior Member

I charge roughly twice the cost of a normal fert application. We do a 25lb maintenance amount for the same cost. The cost varies based on squre footage. The cost of the application comes from the pain in the rear it is to deal with.