Lime Setting

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by EastCoast, Jul 27, 2005.

1. EastCoast

EastCoast LawnSite Senior Member

I just recently checked the ph level on my lawn and the front lawn averaged around 5.5 - 5.6, while the backlawn averaged 6.6 - 6.7.

My question based on the front lawn, what would be an accurate setting on a Scotts drop spreader to bring my ph level up to par?

In searching the web everything I see it based on lbs. per 1,000ft, but looking for a conversion tool to accuratly reflect the spreader I'm using, Scotts Accurgreen 3000.

2. TOMMY1115

TOMMY1115 LawnSite Member

First thing you might want to do is take an actual soil sample to your local Extension service or Lesco. Lesco's soil tests are more user friendly and easier to understand. They run like $15.

When you get your soil sample back, it'll give you your pH and also tell you your buffer pH, which is (from what i understand) what the top pH range your soil will go. It will also tell you the recommended # of lime per 1000 sq ft.

I personally would only do a sample on the front as the pH is 5.5. Grass likes a little acidic soil so your back should be fine and not need any lime.