Limited inventory which rotors and sprays?

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by EIT, May 8, 2013.

1. EIT

EIT LawnSite Member

Hi guys, I've been searching and reading the past few nights and my head is spinning! Trying to get a grasp on the basics..

Last year I trenched my own sprinkler system in. All stuff recommended and sold by online retailer. All rain bird 5000 rotor heads, blu-lock poly, hyrdo rain valves. It turned out good, I did question using all the same rotor heads for my front lawn (20' x 55') but had decent head to head coverage after some adjusting.

Fast forward to this year, I bought a ditch witch 255sx for $4000 and decided myself and friends will install our own systems since we have nobody in the area doing installs.

I want to order bulk parts for the 4-6 yards I'll be doing, all small lots 20' x 50' would be an average front and back yard.

What rotor heads would you go with (Thinking Hunter PGP, rain bird more avaialble)? What Spray heads (thinking rain bird 1800)? MPR? All town water GPM is 7.31 pressure is 48 PSI.

I think I'll order Rainbird DVF-100 valves unless you have better recommendation... better chance of getting replacements around here.

Controller will be Rainbird ESP I think, I'm going to stick with blu-lock desipite all the people flaming about it on here.

Any advice appreciated, I can take punishment for my decisions from the old school guys if it's deserving (I've read plenty of it the last few nights). :hammerhead:

2. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Never, ever assume anything. :nono:

3. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

I would be surprised if gpm and psi was 7.3 and 48 at every location in town.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

except in areas of significant stagnant pressure

5. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

Oh the double P
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. EIT

EIT LawnSite Member

In the three homes we tested the results were almost identical.. I should of re-phrased. The other houses we will test and install accordingly.

What I'm looking for is advice on heads to use, trying to keep it simple. Perhaps I'm looking for my answer in the wrong place?

7. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

As it should be.

Everyone has their opinions. I will use both top end hunter and rainbird.