Limiting the sticky to the first page and limiting the “Our Partners” on Desk Top

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by littlenic, Nov 8, 2006.

1. littlenic

littlenic LawnSite Member

Can we limit the sticky to main page only and having an option to not display the new Our Partners display down the side where its taking up the desktop where threads are displayed and where you have to page down every sequent page past the same sticky. I know that the sponsors pay for the site, but its becoming an issue having to page down every page on every post you read.

Thanks, littlenic

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

It's not too bad now. I came in the other day and Michael J Donovan had just added a whole bunch of stickies. There was only room at the bottom for about 10 threads.

3. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

I think that the Our Partners could go in the upper right corner on the green background banner and have it out of the way of our threads.

I also would like to see the stickies limited to the first page in that forumn category. That way as you get past the first page, you are not having to scroll past them everytime and you can actually few more topics at once.

I like the info on Lawn Site and utilize all of it that I can to build my business, however, I would liek to be able to get the same information in less time by having the site more effeicient, and not spend more time flipping pages to read relevant information.

Just my .02...

4. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

thegreen space on the top of the page, is like the headline, above the fold on the front page of a newspaper. Thats the high rent district of ad space.

rather than have a colum down the left side way not have the partners in a row under the 1"x2" ads just below the big green area

or keep the partners were they are, and just shift the reply's and such back to the left under the partners....

Gotta remember we get what we pay for.... and thankfully so far sean has not asked for any money from the users. Although if he did, I'd pay. If it was a pay site it woudl cut down on some of the trollers, thats for sure....

5. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

Every couple of years, someone suggests that.

What's with this yellow background this morning?

6. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

if I had to guess, Id say Yellow-Veterans Day.... yellow ribbons ribbons for armed forces support.

just my SWAG

either that or john deere just ponied up some big money....

7. garth1967

garth1967 LawnSite Senior Member

not good:nono:

8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

It also seems as though the site is being worked up for a higher resolution. At 1024 X 768 the pages are fine and while the "Partners" are still in the same place you don't have to scroll over to read the threads.