Lindig Soil Shredder/Screener

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by jhgilliland, Mar 23, 2006.

1. jhgilliland

jhgilliland LawnSite Member

Here are a few pics of a Lindig L-40 Soil Screener/Shredder that i bought last summer. It was in rough shape when i bought it. Mainly surface rust though. I dismantled and replaced wear parts, sandblasted and painted. Anyone else using anything similar? (BTW, this is my first attempt at posting a picture.)

Screenerbefore.jpg

Screenerfixup.jpg

Screenerafter.jpg

Screenerafter2.jpg

2. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

looks like a lot of work. looks good man.:weightlifter: :)

3. jhgilliland

Yes it was a lot of work. I paid next to nothing for it and it is worth quite a bit now that it is refurbished. Probably had 150 hrs in the process, but overall i learned alot and i am quite satisfied. Havent got to use it yet, cant wait for some warmer weather.

4. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

ya same here take some pics of it workin looks good man. what are you using to put the material in the screener.

5. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Looks great. Did you use spray cans? Did you sand, prime and then paint?

6. LawnScenes

LawnScenes LawnSite Member

Nice job...

I wish I could find something like that. I've got about 50 yards of composted horse manure and almost twice as much compost (chipped limbs and leaves) I've been cooking that I got from the guys that clear the power lines. That thing would come in very handy instead of trying to design and build a stationary trommel like I'm doing.

7. jhgilliland

Using a 966 cat loader, and older international backhoe, but probably mainly a 873 bobcat skidsteer to load the screener.

I sandblasted it, then painted the screener with a regular air gun (applied almost 5 gals of yellow and 2 1/2 gals of red oxide primer)

This unit will screen about 40 yards per hour. Cant wiat to put it to use. Ill post some pics as soon as i get screening.:cool2:

8. Strongmd

Strongmd LawnSite Member

nice job, any updates?

9. jhgilliland

I have sold the screener. I was offered a price that i couldnt pass up! Im acutally working o purchasing another one. The next one will be a 100 cubic yard per hour machine. Ill fix it up and screen some soil and eventually probably sell it. It anyone out there is looking for a screener for high clay content soils, Lindig is a great machine to buy. They are rare, which can make them pricey. Ill post some more finished pics of it if i get the chance.

10. Jerzguy2

Jerzguy2 LawnSite Member

I have the same unit, minus the conveyor and screen tub. Could not get the motor to start last time I wanted to use it, so I'm looking to sell, know anyone interested? Jack