1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Line Striping-small job minimum?

Discussion in 'Seal Coating Forum' started by EpicPaul, Jun 9, 2008.

1. EpicPaul

EpicPaul LawnSite Member

Hello, Im just starting with line striping and was wondering for the small jobs were you only do like 10 lines, do you charge a minimum? and how much is your minimum? Also if anyone has any info or tips I would really appreciate it, and for prices I take it most people charge by the foot? BTW great forum been reading up for awhile and finally signed up.
  2. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

Welcome aboard.

Most have a min, but when your starting our, you may want to wave the min, to get the jobs, so you can get the experience under your belt. Mine is $ 180.00, but once a month or so, I get all the little mom 'n pop type jobs, and do them all on one day, and give them all a deal. The places with very few lines will not pay the minimum, so I can run around, with one color, and charge like 10 bucks a line, and everyone is happy.

Send me your e-mail, and I can send you more info :canadaflag:
  3. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

My buddy does sealing and striping. I help him time to time. Real small jobs you can do with a 3" roller on a paint handle and a bucket. Usually because its not worth pull the machine out for tiny little jobs. But I know he has a $200 min.
  4. EpicPaul

EpicPaul LawnSite Member

5. linepainter

linepainter LawnSite Member

I dont care how small the job is DONT use a roller. If your charging $200.00 for a roller job your ripping off your custumer.

You need to cover your time and expenses. Dont sell your self short of how much your worth. I would think anything less than $200.00 you giving your work away.
  6. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

:canadaflag: You have mail !!!
  7. EpicPaul

EpicPaul LawnSite Member

thanks shep! great info much appreciated!