line trimmer died brutally today

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by progressivelawncare, May 2, 2008.

1. progressivelawncare

progressivelawncare LawnSite Member

i (badly) need a set of good trimmer racks for a trailer, any suggestions? i lost a three month old trimmer off of the back of the truck today and a dump truck loaded with road gravel hit it about 40 mph. $289 in about 10 pieces now. i had to go by and buy a new one on the way to the next job, at least the local dealer was on the way and not like an hour out of the way.

2. mybowtie

mybowtie LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Duct tape??

Wow that sucks. I always put them in the back on my pickup..

3. jsw2008

jsw2008 LawnSite Senior Member

That really sucks--but I could have easily been me. I'm lazy about making sure my trimmer is safe on the trailer. I just lay it down beside the mower and sometimes bungee it. After reading this I think I'll get some racks at Tractor Supply--I've been putting off buying them for a couple of years now.

4. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

invest in a good set of locking racks one u spend 400 bucks on these things they will grow legs and walk away. 2 you cant do your job with out the right tools

5. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

g out and buy the exact same trimmer, and now you have spare parts....losts of little spare parts...:)