1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Line Trimmer/Edger Recommendations Please!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Machspeed, Aug 6, 2006.

1. Machspeed

Machspeed LawnSite Member

I’m in the market for a good trimmer/edger and am looking for recommendations. I currently own an old 2-cycle homeowners/light commercial Shindawa unit that has been very good to me. However, it is getting old and I am in need of an edger as well. There are several Stihl dealers in my area, all of which made recommendations concerning attachements. One said the KobmiSystem was not as durable as if one changed out the heads….trimmer head and edger head. Another said differently. Another dealer brought out a Stihl unit that had a rotating disc on it. The disc was basicly a guide for edging and does not need to be removed for trimming. I found it interesting but not sure of it’s performance and ease of use. Can anybody comment?

Aside from the above, I’m hearing much to do about the new 4 cycle engines, much of which is negative. I’m not stuck on Stihl or any other product, just looking for recommendations.

2. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

3. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

I have several Echo srm210,230 and 260 but I just picked a srm 251e for $219and it is very nice 25cc pro head alot of bang for the $$ I have had virtually no problems with Echo just change the filters every other month and they will last
  4. hmartin

hmartin LawnSite Senior Member

I love the combi system. I have trimmer, edger, and hedge trimmers. Each piece may not be as good as a dedicated tool, but for me it works. Saves money if you are solo.
  5. Proscapez LLC

Proscapez LLC LawnSite Member

I'm really happy with my new Dolmar ms-260 c You can pick one up for around $300 now, but the price is expected to raise next year.
    There are many new Dolmar dealers in north america, as there trying to break into the market.
    I'm very please watching the smoke roll off the grass when it cuts. lol