Line Trimmers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GreenandClean, Apr 21, 2007.

1. GreenandClean

GreenandClean LawnSite Member

I am looking to buy a new commerical line trimmer. What size engine should I get. I dont need a huge brush cutter, just a good commerical line trimmer. I was thinking about a RedMax unless someone thinks there is a better company.

2. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Try the max 2401 light and powerful.

3. Pastaboy62

Pastaboy62 LawnSite Senior Member

I have the Redmax 2401s and I like it...

4. Sharp Services

Sharp Services LawnSite Senior Member

I had a 2401 and just got the 2600 ... it has lots of power and did not cost much more .... I have found that it is always good to carry 2 trimmers with you ... saves on down time.

5. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Redmax 2600 here!! Its a great trimmer...plenty of power...not too heavy... very reliable! Once the strato kicks in you're good to go. Check into it!

6. Jake's Lawn Service

Jake's Lawn Service LawnSite Member

I agree:)
    Jake

7. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

TRUE,always have a backup trimmer when one runs out of string go grab the other.

8. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i just recently bought an echo srm 230. its pretty powerful but a little heavy after using it all day. i've also ran srm 210's, srm 261t, shindaiwa t231. of all of them the srm 210 is my favorite. very light weight and it'll get most trim jobs done. if you trim thick stuff then i'd look for something with a little more power. hope this helps.

9. GreenandClean

GreenandClean LawnSite Member

I went out and I bought a Redmax 2401 today and mowed a couple of yards and it was completely worth every penny. Thanks to everyone who posted a reply. They really gave me the advice that I needed.

10. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

Thatz great pull the screen out of the muffler and you will be set.