Line Trimmers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Cindy3, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Cindy3

Cindy3 LawnSite Member

Anyone here use Efco line trimmers? I need some lawn equipment and need advice from this group.
  2. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

never heard of them and i definitely wouldnt pay that much money for something i've never heard of.

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

never heard of them sory
  4. progressivelawncare

progressivelawncare LawnSite Member

never heard of them sorry
  5. CrystalCreek

CrystalCreek LawnSite Bronze Member

I believe that they are also sold in Northern Think about serviceablity issues before you take a plunge. Parts, Filters, and Service. A little now will cost you a whole lot more later. Best wishes!
  6. mike r

mike r LawnSite Member

CINDY 3:

it good you bring this up on here, best advice would be to search this forum, for what others say about string trimmers first, before you buy, like crystal creek said, you buy online, and all could go well for you BUT, if something happens to it, then you could be waiting on parts for a while, not to mention trying to get someone in your area to repair it. wel lol.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

c'mon guys we all know what he's talking about.

I believe that Echo products are not up to snuff in comparison to equipment from Redmax, Shindaiwa, Kawasaki, and Stihl. I hate my Echo and how you can buy there products @ the home cheapo-that's enough to tell me right there.

I think the best bang for the buck trimmer on the market is the Shindaiwa t242, nice and light and has enough power for even the thickest of weeds.
  8. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

I seen there line at a dealer the other day. I didn't have time to look at them closely. Wish I could be of more help.:usflag:
  9. Pastaboy62

Pastaboy62 LawnSite Senior Member

No, it is really efco. Look at the link....
  10. Diamond Dave

Diamond Dave LawnSite Member

I used to use Efco curved shaft trimmers when I started in the industry 11 years ago. They were great until my company began buying the FS85 Stihl, then there was no comparison. I know that is not comparing apples to apples, however. I would recommend buying wherever and whatever gives you good dealer support. A good dealer is worth it's weight in gold whether the trimmer says Efco, Echo, Stihl, Redmax, etc....