Linear French Drains

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by mc1169, Apr 13, 2005.

?

What should I use to protect my grass?

Poll closed Apr 21, 2005.
  1. 3/4" Plywood

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Thin Plywood

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Nothing! It will naturally recover itself

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. mc1169

mc1169 LawnSite Member

Folks, I'm going to be installing a linear french drain system as described in this article: http://www.askthebuilder.com/070_Linear_French_Drains_-_Controlling_Basement_Seepage.shtml

Hopefully this will work and will fix my basement water issue. Now the question for you guys: I'll be digging up my lawn using a ditch witch and will be going back and forth over it many times with a wheel barrow with the stone--is there anything I can put down to minimize the impact on my lawn? Perhaps some kind of thin plywood?

Thanks!

matt

2. mc1169

mc1169 LawnSite Member

Common' guys...just a simple answer will do...

Thanks!

3. scout_pete

scout_pete LawnSite Member

You are going to need to re-seed unless you can complete the work within a couple of days. Been there....

4. CWG

CWG LawnSite Member

Rent some 1" thick plywood. We'd always drop minium 3/4" all over, it recovers so much quicker. Less repair.

5. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

just make sure that you make a different trail each day, so you don't stress the grass in one area too much. if you can't change the path, just keep one area and re-seed afterwards.

6. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

make you use one inch ply wood too. the 3/4 will break if there's a dip in you lawn and you take the ditch witch over it.