lines in the yard????

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Bama1, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Bama1

Bama1 LawnSite Member

I have astriping kit on my 48'' lazer hp and I am not very satisfied with the results. Is there something I can do to improve the look of the stripes?

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Striping in Ga? Warm season grasses don't strip well. If you are trying to compare to the guys on this site you never will. Cool season grasses allow them to get very defined stripes and warm season will never do that to the same level.

3. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Bama1,

Are you mulching, side discharging or bagging? Also do you know what the rake is currently set at on your deck?

Thanks,

Terry

4. Bama1

Bama1 LawnSite Member

I am side discharging now, but will buy a mulching kit soon. Not sure of the rake setting....how can I find this out?

5. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Bama1,

To measure the rake simply rotate the blades so they point nose to tail and measure from the ground to the blade tip, rotate the blade 180 degrees and measure again. The front swing of the blade should be cutting a minimum of 1/8" to 1/4" lower than the rear.

The other thing I would do with some of the southern grasses is try lowering the roller a little. Some of the southern grasses don't like to stipe as well as some of the Northern varieties. It may take several cuttings to get the grass "trained" or "conditioned" to striping.

Thanks,

Terry