1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Linex vs Rhino

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Total.Lawn.Care, Oct 28, 2006.

Which one do you have or would recommend?

1. Linex

11 vote(s)
  2. Rhino Liner

10 vote(s)
  1. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

I just got a newer truck and I want to have a spray in bed liner installed. I have heard alot of comments about both Linex and Rhino and I have read many threads here that have discussed both.

My question is, for those of you that have either, what are your likes a dislikes of the liner that you have. I have thought that Linex is the better way to go, but I want your opinions because I do not want to drop $450 on a liner and then wish I have the other brand installed instead.

2. PerennialSuccess

PerennialSuccess LawnSite Member

Love the Line-X, only downside is it's more slippery than Rhino. That's really only a double edged sword, stuff slides around, but is easier to load/unload.
  3. Fordsuvparts

Fordsuvparts LawnSite Senior Member

Line-x all the way. We traded out some work with a Line-x installer and we have been very happy with them so far. The first truck they did had to be redone because an employee of theirs did not properly prep the bed floor. After they re-did it it was great.
  4. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

I also want to add this. For those of you that have black (Linex-Rhino liners) how well do you feel the color is holding up? Or do you feel that the black color has greyed out pretty bad?
  5. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

Linex:clapping: I have spilled gasoline, diesel fuel, fertlizer, lime and still looks great.
  6. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Linex is much better. Much more "rubbery", and holds it's color a lot better.
    I have had 6 trucks done with Linex over the years. Even in the hot Texas sun, the Linex stays black. The Rhino fads to gray in less than a year.
    I recently had a former Rhino franchise owner tell me that Linex was way better than the Rhino liner. That is one reason he sold off his franchise.
  7. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

Line-X, without a doubt.
  8. Chop Stuff Up

Chop Stuff Up LawnSite Senior Member

rhino has more grip, line-x seems a bit tougher and its easier to slide stuff in and out of the bed. But if you want that extra grip, get rhino.
  9. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

anybody know of a product like these that you can purchase yourself? i want to cover my dump trailer all over.......guessing i would say a shop would charge a solid $1200
  10. Chop Stuff Up

Chop Stuff Up LawnSite Senior Member

pep boys carries cans of it, I don't know the quality of the product or how easy the project would be