Lining for lower walls in enclosed trailer??

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by GarPA, Oct 1, 2003.

1. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

Now you might be thinking what a weirdo thread this one is. But if you have an enclosed trler you can probably relate to it. Unfortunately my wheel wells are totally outside the trailer so the inside is more narrow than I'd like it to be. When I have too much equip in there some days I'm always banging the walls and taking chips out of them. Was thinking of putting some kind of flooring material on about 3 ft up from the floor. Just wondering if any of you did something similar and what material worked best for you?? thanks

2. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

about 12" to form a kick panel. That's what Pace's landscaper models
    use.

3. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

that would work...but in time I'd have that all banged up just like the walls. I was kicking around using something more slippery that things would glance off of ...something like smooth vinyl flooring....just a wild idea ...dont know if it would hold up or stay attached....

4. jsr2741

jsr2741 LawnSite Senior Member

I think I read somewhere; probably here, someone went to his local rhinoliner dealer and had about 2 feet up from the floor sprayed around the interior of the trailer.

5. Shadetree Ltd

Shadetree Ltd LawnSite Senior Member

6. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

I had Line-X spray in bedliner sprayed in my enclosed trailer. It is 1' up on the walls and all over floor and ramp. Makes it waterproof, slip proof and a breeze to clean out.

7. Shack

Shack LawnSite Member

Hey shadetree, what is the door in the floor for?

8. Tider6972

from Alabama

Guess the door in the wall is a fuel door? Wonder how well it works?

The spray on liner is ok, but i've seen some pretty serious gouges in
    the walls that would make me think the double thick plywood under
    the rhino would be good too !

JMO

9. Shadetree Ltd

Shadetree Ltd LawnSite Senior Member

The door in the floor is a full size spare and some other misc storage. The fuel door on the side works OK, but you have to have 2 people to use it. I got it in case I needed to pull up to a pump on the wrong side of the trailer. The rhino lining is holding up extremely well.

Scott

10. Tider6972

from Alabama

trailer is it? Did the fuel door come from the manufacturer, or did you have it added? Do you recommend the fuel door, and what about fuel doors on each side of the trailer; would that be useful ?

Thanks