link

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by cutbetterthanyou, Oct 10, 2011.

1. cutbetterthanyou

cutbetterthanyou LawnSite Bronze Member

How do you put a link to another thread in a thread you are starting? Or, reuse a picture you have already used on here?

2. cutbetterthanyou

Come on guys does no one else know? Or is it somewhere right in front of me, and i just can't find out how?

3. fireman gus

fireman gus LawnSite Senior Member

Is this what you are talking about? If so just hit the quote box.

4. cutbetterthanyou

No a link to a completly different thread altogether. One where i could put it in a post like this, you click on it, and it takes you to a old thread, website, you tube, etc.

5. TNGrassCutter

TNGrassCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Get that site or thread on your browser, right click the line where it starts with WWW., then click copy, go to new thread, right click where you would type, click paste.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

To reuse a picture is easy.

[​IMG]

You need to know a little vBulletin code to do it.

Go to the picture you want to reuse. Right click on it. Go to the bottom of the menu box that opens and click on Properties.

You'll see a line that says Address (URL):

Copy the complete address that appears. The address may be more than 2 lines long. When you start your highlight start at the top and drag all of the way to the bottom of the address.

Now go back to the message that you want the image to appear in. This is where you need the vBulletin code.

Where the cursor is flashing type PASTE THE ADDRESS YOU COPIED HERE[/IMG

You need to put the last ] bracket behind the IMG. I only left it off so you could see the code that you need to write. The two brackets that you need are next to the P on your keyboard.

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Here is a list of all of the current vBulletin codes.

Remember, the command always looks like this: [COMMAND]VARIABLE[/COMMAND] with the variable in between the opening and closing command. The slash / is critical on the closing command. It won't work without it.

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/misc.php?do=bbcode

8. cutbetterthanyou

could it say anything instead of "url" when i right click? could it be 'location"?

Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
  9. cutbetterthanyou

10. cutbetterthanyou

r u seeing a picture or a little box in my last one? i have a little box. whats wrong?