Links not working in email notifications

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by CL&T, Sep 23, 2013.

1. CL&T

CL&T LawnSite Senior Member

This started happening several weeks ago. When I get an email notification the links are not clickable except for the one at the bottom of the page to unsubscribe to all threads. This is the only site with this problem. Win XP and Outlook. I can't think of anything that would cause this. Any ideas? I'll have to check on another machine to see if it's doing the same thing.

2. CL&T

I did find THIS although it's not exactly the problem. Working from that, when I edit the message to delete all text except for URLs, then after saving and reopening, the links now show up.

So something was changed with the text in your email notifications and together with that Outlook bug is what's causing the problem.

3. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

4. CL&T

I just forwarded one to you. Keep in mind that I found that when I forwarded to one of my other email accounts the links worked. So I can't say what you will see.

5. Michael J. Donovan

yes, I see that in the email you forwarded the links are live on my end as well, so may be the email client you are using...we will check into though and see if, in fact, it is something on our end

thanks for sending to me and we will let you know

6. Steel1

Steel1 LawnSite Member

How do you send e-mail to somebody I need information on a old post and do not think he is getting alerted to it.

7. Michael J. Donovan

you need to be a member of the site for 10 days and have 10 posts to utilize the private message feature...since you are not able to do that yet, I would suggest you go to that members profile and post a visitor message to their wall