* Links to other discussion forums are prohibited.

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by gusbuster, Mar 22, 2001.

1. · Links to other discussion forums are prohibited.
    What does this mean? It’s so broad. What is the point of this statement? I have seen links to other forums before in the commercial and off topic areas. I thought this site was to disseminate information to other lawn care professionals through out the world.

Not complaining, but I now think that I violated one of the posting guidelines. Didn’t realize I was breaking the rules until reviewing the posting guidelines. My apologies for the infraction. Until I read the posting guidelines, I never did catch the one sentence when I became a member.
    john

2. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

John, I had posted links to a non lawn related site before I knew of that rule, I had Eric remove the links after I found out. Most every forum has that rule. I saw your post last night and had Jodi take care of it, I'm was sure you were not aware of that rule.

I think some links may have been missed or the rule was not enforced as much when Eric was doing all the moderating by himself.

Ray

3. Thank you Ray
    John

4. SMB

SMB LawnSite Senior Member

Does this mean that I can't post links to Yahoo! engine clubs, etc.? I can understand LawnSite being in competition with other lawn care forums, but the description in the guidelines is so broad!