1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Liquid cooled on a walkbehind?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by toddman35, Nov 7, 2000.

1. toddman35

toddman35 LawnSite Member

i noticed when i was looking at an engine website the other day that they had a liquid cooled 15 hp kawasaki, and also a 17, i was wonderning anyone has put one of these on their walkbehinds and if so what were the reasons, if not why woulndt you want liquid cooled on a walk behind? thanks
  2. toddman35

toddman35 LawnSite Member

oops sorry they were 16 and 18 hp LC.
  3. Skookum

Skookum LawnSite Senior Member

Only reason I would see, would be someplace where it is really hot all the time and the mower would be going like that energizer bunny.

I am sure over time it would last a little longer, but how long are you going to have the mower it is on?
  4. When buying new equipment one should always get the biggest and best engine that is available from the manufacture.

It only costs a few hundred dollars more to go first class.
    The engine buying power of a big manufacture like Toro/eXmark is incredible.

Frankly I won't even consider buying anything but a Toro or
    eXmark new or used.

Most of lesser brands of mowers just can cut it because they do not have the R & D funds available to produce a really first rate product.