Liquid Fence???

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lucky4511, Mar 31, 2005.

1. lucky4511

lucky4511 LawnSite Member

I have a client requesting I use a product called Liquid Fence - and I am not familiar with this name. My local Lesco dealer thought soil sterilant might not be a good idea to use at the edge of beds, which are lined in brick, due to possible plant contamination. Any ideas where I might find Liquid Fence?

2. chimmygew

chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member

3. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

I have personal seen people "spill" a little here and there along fence lines and what not and burn the living hell out of their grass! It looks funny when they have a lush, green yard and white bald patches all over the ground. I would be very careful when applying a product like this. Personally, I would touch the stuff with a 10 ft stick, because if you make 1 mistake your screwed!

4. Garth

Garth LawnSite Senior Member

I'd heard tell of it once but thought it was some sort of repellent to keep the beasties out of your yard. Didn't know it was a herbicide.

5. jajwrigh

Oops! I was thinking of liquid edger!

6. lucky4511

lucky4511 LawnSite Member

yep, liquid fence is to keep critters out - i suppose this client is about as unsure as i was :dizzy:. liquid edger?? what is that.

7. jajwrigh

You apply a chemical along a fence line, for example, and nothing grows so you don't have to weed eat anymore. Basically a ground sterilant...

8. Garth

Garth LawnSite Senior Member

Kinda like Spike