liquid fert out of z spray, how much N per 1000

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by ant, Jun 20, 2012.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

how much N are u appicating per 1000 sf of liquid!

2. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

None...never tried liquid fert in either pg or skid...too expensive for no long term results.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

How much water are you using per K? Better be very careful as burn potential is there. Might want to read past threads on liquid fert.

4. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

How much water are you using per K? Better be very careful as burn potential is there. Might want to read past threads on liquid fert.

5. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

we ran 1/3 lb N per k last summer at 1.5 gallons finished solution per k without any problems and better than expected results... I believe it was the same fert you are running.

6. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I did try liquid N once but I do agree. However, I do not think that was the question but I have was wrong before or was I mistaken?

How else would one apply Liquid N?

7. turf hokie

we run out of a skid and a z spray for our liquids

8. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

How big a skid? What app rate?

9. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

I find that safe rates of non slow release N run at 1/8 lb of N per gallon of spray per 1000 sq ft. It is not to be expected that a fractional rate lasts all season. This is frequently done on golf greens where low rates of fertilizers are sprayed as part of the fungicide and Primo tank mix which is applied on a 14-21 day schedule. I typically apply 1/2 or more lb of N in the corresponding water volume. If it is more concentrated than that, I am spraying right ahead of the irrigation system as it is running.

10. turf hokie

200 gallon skid with a 275 gallon tote tank that is plumbed in.

1.5 gallons per 1,000 finished solution.

Skid sprayer and z sprayer are calibrated the same....

We only spray out of the skid when absolutely necessary. They are there mainly as nurse tanks for the z spray, we have a 2" gravity feed line off the tote tank and refill that during the day from the 200 gallon tank that does not have gravity feed.

Also, we dont mix our chemicals in the nurse tank but in the z spray as needed. the only thing that is in the nurse tank is the fertilizer and organic material.

I also put 125' of 3/8" hose with a lawn gun on the z so if I dont fit thru a gate or cant get on a hill I can pull hose right off the machine. My z is basically a 60 gallon tank sprayer on wheels.

Let me know if you have any other questions.