Liquid fert prices

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by BikePilot, Aug 2, 2012.

1. BikePilot

BikePilot LawnSite Member

I am looking at going to liquid fert. Can some of you reply with which liquid fert products you are using, the supplier, and the cost per quantity you buy it in. Meaning if you buy it 100 2.5 gallon jugs, how much is it per jug.

Thanks to all

2. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

When I order 28-0-0 urea triazone from Agrium, it is about $11 per gallon in a 30 gallon drum. Price comes down to about 9 or 10 if I were to order it in a 275 cube. In a 2.5 gallon Jug, it is $16, no discount for multiple jugs. I know that bottles cost money. A 2.5 jug is almost a retail sale size. Blending this with some ammonium sulfate, potassium nitrate and micronutrients gives me a great fertilizer for short cut grass for less than what greens grade granules would cost me.

3. Plantculture

Plantculture LawnSite Member

Doc,
    What minors brand do you use?
    Ive been using millers microplex, but noticed it doesn't have Calcium.
    I'm also curious about what % urea is in your total % N .

4. greendoctor

My soils are full of calcium. They are normally too alkaline. I do like FEAture 6-0-0 or MIller Microplex. The normal mix I make containing the 28-0-0 has only 1/4 lb N from urea triazone liquid. The rest of the N is from ammonium sulfate and/or potassium nitrate. The total N applied and what sources of N are the majority depends on the grass and site conditions. I am normally applying up to 1 lb of N per 1000. This is quite different from the granules where almost all of the N is from urea.

5. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

6. greendoctor

Agrium has Crop Production Services/Agrium branches on every Island. No other vendor carries Loveland products or the Starline liquids.

Look them up as Crop Production Services. I see at least 15 branches along the eastern half of Arkansas.