Liquid Fert

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Hopper1124, Apr 21, 2004.

1. Hopper1124

Hopper1124 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I saw a larger company putting down weed control and Liquid Fertilizer on a lawn today mixed from a tank a neighbor up the street used them, I don't put down Fert , I'm mainly Landscaping I was wondering if anyone still used Liquid I thought everyone was Granular, I believe the company was Davey Tree Service.
    Any Thoughts ? Thanks

2. TSM

TSM LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

in my opinion, liquid delivers a good quality application. reason being is that you can mix multiple products in a tank and walk the property one time for great results.

but i am old school and thats how i 'grew up' in this industry.

we provide 100% granular fert these days and IPM our weed/insect controls (in other words we spot treat weeds and only apply insect control when and where needed) and we do a pretty good job. But there are always weeds and/or insects that you just dont see at time of application...thats where liquid apps to a better job...you get control even over the pests you dont easily see.

I agree that the industry as a whole is opting more for granular. with all the ride-on type of machines around...why not?

But i remember the olden days of spraying every lawn and walking a slow pace treating 1000sf per minute. today its 3000 sf per minute or more...wearing me out..but i do agree that it is more environmentaly sound

3. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

Liquids are great if selected properly & applied correctly. As for environmental impact; I'll take liquids on the turf to granules in the storm drains, swimming pools, & pet bowls.

Steve