Liquid Fertilizer in PG magnum

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by bflower, Apr 7, 2008.

1. bflower

bflower LawnSite Member

Hello All, Bidding on a large very split up apartment complex (impossible to hose and certainly way to many sidewalks to blow) and wondered if anyone has used this particular coctail. Looking to run Three Way and Pre-M Aqua cap, Plus i would like to Run some very light fertilizer. Has anyone ever tried running a nbn 30-0-0 or similar liquid fert in the PG tank- I realize im running with a very low volume setup that may or may not lend itself to this.
    -Thanks Crew

2. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I would run a dry combo (fert w/cg prevent) and Three Way.

I am tired and don't fell like doing any math....but at 28 oz/K I don't think you are putting much N on with a liquid carrier.

Also...not sure if the pump on the PG is designed for liquid fert.

3. bflower

bflower LawnSite Member

appreciate the reply- just looking to avoid 2-3 hours worth of blowing sidewalks. Has anyone run a product such as this in the permagreen magnum?I see homeowners running a similar product in their fimco tanks and a 4 wheeler- Wondering why i couldnt do the same with the accuracy of a magnum.

4. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

Could try Ferromec. They make a 14-0-0 and a 10-2-4 w/ micros. This will work and has for me but, You need a lot of it. Not to cost effective.

5. Pilgrims' Pride

Pilgrims' Pride LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA.

I once tried to do an Iron & weed spray through the z-spray.
    Fe at 7oz per thousand and 1.5 oz for three way
    When I mixed the stuff it turned to serious clay like mush.
    IT DID NOT WORK! And I spent many hours after that cleaning out the machine, replacing clogged hoses and then cleaning up the mess around my shop.
    Whatever you do, be sure to do a compatability test in a bucket first.
    It will save you tons of trouble later.

6. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Same thing here, ended up with the same mess.

About the liquid fert, if you do the math, you can't get enough liquid into the tank in order to get the recommended rate.

At the rate you'll be putting it down, you might as well not even spend the money on it. Just put some food coloring in the tank so people see a color, it'll have the same effect.

7. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

The "Ferromec" should be AC (amine compatable) Most broadleaf herbicides are Amine Formulation.

If you had used iron, with an Ester Based Herbicide (cool weather only) you likely would not have had the Tar Ball Effect.

Hope that helps.

Pete

8. bflower

bflower LawnSite Member

will be looking into the ferromec products but would like to use a more cost effective product such as morrall companys Bulk liquid selection or a local ag based supplier. I just need a dash of fert for this particular application, a surge of growth will do nothing but make them mad. Curious how many have ran Pre-M aqua cap and trimec together through low volume equipment and results.