Liquid fertilizer

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Randocammando, May 5, 2010.

1. Randocammando

Randocammando LawnSite Member

I know spreading is better but i dont have the room in my garage or shed for all that stuff.

So what would be the best to get and how to apply it.

2. zanemoseley

zanemoseley LawnSite Member

3. Marcos

Marcos LawnSite Gold Member

Nifty, so long as it's durable enough to last more than just one or two seasons.

That little thing looks like something that might work pretty well with organics like semi-concentrated compost teas, liquid molasses, etc.

4. Randocammando

My yard isnt that big to justify that purchase maybe a chest spreader i just have some bald spots in my yard from the dog

5. zanemoseley

Well if its a small yard can you just use a backpack sprayer?

6. Randocammando

i could use a sprayer if it had multipurposes

7. zanemoseley

Guess I'm not seeing where you're coming from. I thought you meant you didn't have room for larger spray equipment but sounds like you have hardly any storage and a really small yard. You can use backpack sprayers for multiple chemicals if you rinse well between. You can also get small broadcast spreaders. Do you not even have room to hang one on the garage wall?

8. rainbowss

rainbowss LawnSite Member

Ortho Dial N' Spray

I got it for $10.97 at Home Depot

9. Randocammando

Well i have a regular garage and a shack in the back that has some room just moved in so its full of crap so im going to have to clean it out. I just dont want to buy a big spreader for small back yard my front yard is concrete so. I am thinking aout the sprayer since you can rinse it out good choice i think

10. bwhite82

bwhite82 LawnSite Member

I also have tiny front and back yards (2200 sq ft total grass). I was VERY hesitant to, but just yesterday picked up one of these:

[​IMG]

I was all set for dismal performance and disappointment but it seriously exceeded my expectations. It has a rather decent spread width and will crank as fast as your hand will turn it! No word on longevity yet, but color me impressed. Its no Lesco walk-behind but it gets the job done.