1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

liquid fertilizer

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by steve grubbs, Sep 7, 2011.

1. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

Ancient Chinese Secret....:laugh: I'll PM you. I need to anyway. I was going to ask you about that extra bottle of Revolver

2. olcllc

olcllc LawnSite Member

I'd love to see some progress pictures if you get the time to post them.

3. Falcon50EX

Falcon50EX LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

Will do in the morning
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

I have found a sprayable source of potassium sulfate at a decent price. I was wondering why you prefer potassium nitrate. I know nitrate is a saltier product but has slightly less chlorine.

5. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Potassium nitrate is the most soluble out of the two. It is not hard to get 1 lb of potassium nitrate to mix into 5 gallons of solution.

6. ArTurf

Male, from Ark

Ok, thanks.

7. ArTurf

Male, from Ark

Is there anyway you could point me to the thread where you discuss the different soils and how your program changes with them?

8. greendoctor

9. lawnguy26

lawnguy26 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Holy Smokes! you're spending $200 per acre per month on fertilizer alone :dizzy:

10. greendoctor

The kinds of grass I deal with do not do well with urea, coated urea or any potassium chloride. I also have to either raise or lower pH, as well as add available micronutrients. My state might as well be a foreign country for all intents and purposes. A bag of anything or a gallon of anything costs 20% more than it does on the continent.