Liquid fertilizer

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by grassmasterswilson, Jul 1, 2012.

1. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

Hoping to get some help with liquid fertilizer. First of all I use a z-spray and imagine I will need to increase to 1-1.5 gallons/1000.

No one that i know of uses liquids and my dealer has never recommended it. I'm not sure they know much about it to be honest.

So forgive the newbie question, but can someone post or pm the links to some good info? Maybe what tank mix you use? What products? I'd love to do some research and maybe add to my program.

I assume with liquids that every 4 weeks is best, but seems you could stretch it to 6 weeks?

2. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

Do a search on "liquid fertilizer"

3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Spray your weed control; granular is better for fert.

4. avernon0112

avernon0112 LawnSite Member

I started spraying fert and post/pre em's about two years ago. I believe that the results are night and day. I would go spray all the way. Not sure who you use and I think wilson is almost a hour from garner but the guys over at Green Resourse have been very helpful for me.

5. Joshuakwhit

Joshuakwhit LawnSite Member

I just started using UFlexx it's a stabilized nitrogen seems to be a great product.

HeyRiggle, I'm curious to ask why granular for fert? Not that I have an opinion either way just curious.

6. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I just feel that high-quality coated nitrogen products last longer, and they will not burn the grass. However, I always used a liquid urea mix in the past when I needed to apply herbicide at the same time. Of course, this year in Michigan you are supposed to blow-off any granules that land on the cement; so this adds another 5 minutes of time and money cost.

Is anybody willing to try a side by side comparison of Uflex with liquified urea? (For about a year.)

7. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

I'd love to see a side by side comparison! Would love to see the difference, if any, and what was applied and the frequency!

8. avernon0112

avernon0112 LawnSite Member

I may be Ble to find some before and after pictures Monday. I will search.

9. sgallaher

sgallaher LawnSite Senior Member

Has anybody used AGGrand Natural Fertilizers? I've been using it on my lawn and garden/plants and it works nicely. They are USDA Bio Based approved. http://www.aggrand.com/?zo=1921199

10. Cadzilla

Cadzilla LawnSite Senior Member

You need balls of steel to spray liquid fert in this heat.

Yikes.

Especially low volume.