1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

liquid fertilizer?

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by kickin sum grass, Feb 25, 2003.

1. kickin sum grass

kickin sum grass LawnSite Senior Member

How many people are using it? Is it worth it compared to dry? I was considering using it in app. #2 mixed in with weed spray. This would prevent going over lawn twice.
    What do I need to know about liquid? How is it mixed (depending or analysis I know). I only want a 1/2 pound n at most for this time of year.

Any advice is welcome - pros and cons.
  2. ipm

ipm LawnSite Senior Member

You can. You will not have as long of a residual though. The good thing is that it is soluble, so you will get quicker activity. I also think that it will help plant uptake, if you are mixing with other herbicides. That is my opinion. As far as 1/2 lb. read the label and mix rate, calibrate your equipment. You might have to lower the rate of 2-4D or whatever you use to get your 1/2 lb. I am still learning the different techniques as well. Any other help people?????
  3. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

I use slow release liquid. It's a little pricey but I just dial it down and use it only for weed and feed apps. I may also use a little 46-0-0 to spike it a little this year.

4. Trav

Trav LawnSite Member

where do you get you slow release liquid, and whats the analysis?