Liquid Iron 14-14-14 Photos

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Bunton Guy, May 22, 2003.

1. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

Here is my photos of my lawn. Sprayed at 8oz. per 1K sq. feet.

I also sprayed at 2oz. per 1K & 4oz. per 1K with similar results.

The 1K sq. feet sprayed at 8oz. is closest up in the shot. The other areas sprayed hasent been photographed yet.

iron pic #1.jpg

2. Bunton Guy

As you can see its not really a dark green as I had thought. Its more of a greasy brown.

iron pic #2.jpg

3. Bunton Guy

IT does apear to be GREEN in the first to pictures but its not really a closer look would show you the brown greasy tint to it.

iron pic #3.jpg

4. Bunton Guy

Last one....I think?

iron pic #4.jpg

5. Bunton Guy

Honestly these photos arent doing justice! Its making the lawn look greasy blackish green....but really it has that tint of lets say MUD TRACKS? mud tracks when you run through a wet lawn if you know what im speaking of. Maybe I can get a closer up picture.

6. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Iron sprayed will stain the grass for a few weeks, until it's mowed off. At the same time the grass will turn a darker green, by the time the stain is gone the grass will be a dark green.

7. Bunton Guy

Ray that's the best info I have heard all week...so do I just need to let each customer know about this so they dont freak out? And this is normal correct?

8. KirbysLawn

Normal yes, just hope (and make sure) you do not get it on the paved areas, fences, houses, etc...

Sure is late to be putting down triple 14 on fescue.

9. Bunton Guy

What do you suggest? for a quick solid green?

10. KirbysLawn

Just iron, no N this late, I try not to apply N past April 15th if possible. Sustane is great for color also if you can sell it$$$.