Liquid Iron

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by regularguy, Jan 10, 2004.

1. regularguy

regularguy LawnSite Member

Does any one use liquid iron on their customers lawns and if so where do you obtain it? I would like to start using liquid iron on my yard but can only purchase it in one gallon containers and it is rather expensive. I thought that it may be more cost effective purchased in barrels or at least buckets. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

We use it. Comes in 2.5 gallon containers best I remember. Not expensive at all. Try John Deere Landscapes if you have one in your area.

3. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

Why do you want to use it?

4. Avery

I am guessing to green up his yards...

5. dougaustreim

dougaustreim LawnSite Senior Member

Ferromec from Gordons(the makers of Trimec) is an iron product, very effective, especially for midsummer green without high nitrogen. Comes in various sizes up to 50 gal barrells.

Doug
    Austreim landscaping

6. grassguy_

grassguy_ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Liquid iron is available in 2X 2.5 gallon cases through solutions one and I beleive Horticultural supply as well. Great to for green up when active growth is taking place.

7. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

So are you using iron instead of fert? Has anyone done side by side testing to see if it makes a difference?

8. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

Yes, it makes a diff. It's an old greenskeepers secret that has gotten out.

9. Avery

Makes a big difference. And quickly too. We use it on our higher end accounts.

10. regularguy

regularguy LawnSite Member

Thanks everyone for the great information. My goal with the liquid iron is to simply green up the lawn without the heavy applications of nitrogen. I have been able to achieve this with nitrogen but the excessive growth and the potential disease issues has me concerned. Several applications of iron during the growing season seems like just the right ticket. Thanks again for the great posts.