1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Liquid / pellet / combo????

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Husky, Apr 23, 2004.

1. Husky

Husky LawnSite Member

When fertilizing I always used pellets? well,, now I tried this liquid momentum stuff the other day on someones lawn,,,wow,,,its works wonders?

Id liquid always better?

How do you guys do it,,,,and how do you charge for a liquid application?
  2. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

most of the companies in my area use a sulfer coated urea granular then a liquid ( not sure what ) for weed control. the liquid weed control knocks out weeds in a few days, you just can't get that with a granular.
  3. TSM

TSM LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

problem with granular (pellet) weed controls is keeping them on target, the weeds. They tend to blow off with the slightest breeze or fall off target as you walk behind your spreader. Liquids stay on target...they have the same active ingedient but the water carrier allows you to 'paint' the weed control onto the target weeds.

charging for liquid is no different than granular. you got to know your costs (overhead) and add in profit
  4. Husky

Husky LawnSite Member

So you can charge the same from a 1\4 acre lot.....by the way,.,,,hey guys,,ive been charging 50$ per application for a 1\4 acre lot and including a five step program,,,is this a good idea,,is the price in line?
  5. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Nah, you should be charging $5 for a 1/4 acre. :) What you charge is up to you. If you think you're making money at what you're getting paid, then it's enough. If you're getting tons and tons of calls, mostly likely you're cheaper than everyone else and that's why people are calling you. If you've got all the work you can handle, and a few people are calling you, you're probably right in line with everyone else, or maybe even a little higher.

I know Chem-Lawn sent me a flyer for $24.95 for 5,000 sq. ft. $50 for 10,000 sq.ft is probably right in line.

I try to get .004 / sq. ft., so 10,000 would be $40.
  6. goforgreen2

goforgreen2 LawnSite Member

The best way to describe it is, when properly mixed and calibrated, a liquid solution hits about 99% of targets. Granulars can be hit and miss.