liquid uan solution

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by CTPTURF, May 4, 2013.

1. CTPTURF

CTPTURF LawnSite Member

Does anyone have experience buying and using uan 32% solution as their source of nitrogen?
    I have the room to store it now, but i was wondering if there is any significant savings over urea.
    Thanks
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. AnotherOkie

AnotherOkie LawnSite Senior Member
    from Newalla

I've been running some with my tank mix. I don't like to run more than .3 to .5 lb/N/1000, when mixing with herbicides. It really depends on the weather. I get it bulk from the local feed store for 409/ton

3. CTPTURF

CTPTURF LawnSite Member

Thanks for reply.
    I would only apply a max of .5/lb/n/1000 anyway in quick release form.
    I have not priced it locally yet, just doing my homework. I would need to invest in bulk tanks for storage but i think i can recoup those costs in time.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. AnotherOkie

from Newalla

The 275 gallon pallet totes with the valve at the bottom work great to store it in. They can usually be found pretty cheap on craigslist. I also rigged up a little 50 gallon skid with about 25 ft of hose and a old 12 volt pump. I use it for a nurse tank for the liquid 32-0-0. I also use it to spray my fruit frees with water soluble fert.

5. CTPTURF

CTPTURF LawnSite Member

Does your supplier deliver the liquid fert and pump it into the totes or do you put the totes on a trailer or truck and go get yourself?
    It seems the totes (275gal) around here sell for $85-125 on CL. I would rather have one large 1500 gal tank ($800 at tractor supply) but then i would have to have a containment dike. I believe a 500 gallon stationary tank is the cutoff.
    Like i said, still doing homework on this. I know of one supplier but his warehouse is 80 miles away.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. AnotherOkie

from Newalla

I'm not sure about delivery. I get mine at a local feed store that's about 10 minutes from my house. I usually just get enough for 3-4 days of spraying, since it's so close. I'm over there all the time for chicken feed, parts, etc.