liscense question

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by boonehockey, Jul 29, 2007.

1. boonehockey

boonehockey LawnSite Member

do i need a liscense to spray roundup

2. KeepOnCuttin

KeepOnCuttin LawnSite Member

Uhh...not the stuff you buy at WallyWorld:laugh:

3. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

If you are spraying commercially, YES.

Check your State's Dep. of Agriculture website for info on getting certified.

4. SCAG POWER

SCAG POWER LawnSite Senior Member

The answer is yes in Orange County in and around Orlando Florida. Also in the various citys. Fines this year have gone up along with the Ag people being out more. I don't spray it so i don't worry about it.

The charge around 200.00 bucks for the class and then a few for the lic, well i can find bbetter uses for that money at this time , like fuel tires, gett lights fixed and other items that need work now.

5. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

Go here-

http://www.doacs.state.fl.us/onestop/aes/pestapp.html

This is from a section on that page--->

A "commercial applicator" is an individual who has reached the age of majority (generally 18 years of age) and is licensed by the Department to use or supervise the use of any restricted use pesticide for any purpose on any property other than as provided by the definitions of "private applicator" and "public applicator." A commercial license is required for all contract (for hire) applications made to property not owned or rented by the applicator or his/her employer

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Yes,...you do. No matter if it comes from "wallyworld", or any other place.

7. greg1

greg1 LawnSite Member

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

Depends on where you are spraying. If you are spraying your own property then the answer is no. If you are spraying for customers then yes. You should be able to find information on the state of Florida's web site.

9. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

10. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

Spot on, corrrect.

Think next time I get stopped by the Ag inspector I'll tell him I bought it at Wal-Mart so I shouldn't need licencing, then watch how fast he writes me up a citation.