liscense

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Robert S, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Robert S

Robert S LawnSite Member
    from tx

what type of liscense for lawn care? do you got to have one?

2. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

At least the proper business licenses fo the area you work. It is different everywhere. You just have to see what your area requires.

3. robbo521

robbo521 LawnSite Senior Member

well here i emailed them about it and was told i did not need a license to cut grass and do beds,BUT if i was doing stump grinding and removal or spraying more than round-up then i need it.told me to find a CPA and pay my taxes on the money every 3 months which my CPA told me the same thing.yes this is coming from state of Alabama license people.

4. AJZ

AJZ LawnSite Member
    from Tx.

I would like to know the same but would like to go more in depth.

What's needed for a start up company? Take 10 residential yards for ex.
    1. Business License

Now lets say I have some spare cash lying around and would like to expand. I want to do the following things:

Sprinkler system installation and service
    Able to apply fertilizer etc.
    Anything else you can think of.

Basically where do I go to find information about getting license in the areas listed above? Approximatly how long does this training/certification/licensing process take? Cost? Links?

Also I know in my area some cities say you must obtain a permit to advertise door to door. Do they normally charge a fee? Is this pretty common? I know my town requires it although I don't know how many people actually follow those rules.

5. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

This info is usually hidden on your states website. It's there, you just have to find it. Again, states are different on the licenses you are asking about. In Florida, it is very difficult to get an applicators license.

6. Picture Perfect Landscape

Picture Perfect Landscape LawnSite Member

Department of Agriculture for Pesticides.

Robo521 you still have to have a general business license. Otherwise you are just another fly by night guy. Do it right.

7. Robert S

Robert S LawnSite Member
    from tx

thanks ill do it in the morning right after lunch:hammerhead: