1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

listen to this estimate. is she for real???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Apr 7, 2006.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

so, i gets a call. i mosey on over, it's for mowing only. i give a quote, she signs on the spot. then, she sends me across to her neighbor. this is what the lady said, " it's not that i'm terribly unhappy with my current lawnguy. i've used him for 6 years. it's just that, i owe him so much money in back payments, i just want to cancel him, and start out fresh with someone new, before i rack up an even bigger bill with him." would you?
  2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I'd run like the wind
  3. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

that she cant read the company phone number on the back of my shirt..
  4. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

You could just pre-shovel this one if you take her lol
  5. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

LMAO!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Ya, Bob Ya needed the shovel in your hand instead of the clipboard.:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:
  6. Rayray

Rayray LawnSite Member

Make her pre-pay. She is right across the street from your new account...
  7. Rev. Crabgrass

Rev. Crabgrass LawnSite Member

That is funny. I wouldn't start off a conversation with "I owe him so much I want to screw him out of it and hire someone else, and then do the same thing again". Some people are just too much.

8. NEPSJay

NEPSJay LawnSite Senior Member

yes, she probably is for real.... i wouldnt touch her w/ a 10ft pole, prepay or not, she needs to learn that she cannot STEAL from ANY service provider without concequences. It just shows you of how low peoples perception is of the commom lawnboy.
  9. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

I think that statement basicly means: Would you bend over now for me please, I really don't wanna wait to stick it to you good! Did she have a broom handle in her hand when she said that????
  10. Badgerz

Badgerz LawnSite Member

LOL, you gotta be kidding. The sad part is she says she's so far behind and her current lawn guy continues to mow for her. What's his problem?