1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Listen to this exuse

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lux Lawn, Feb 3, 2004.

1. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I have a regular lawn account I have been doing for about two and a half years now the lady is always late paying her bill and I always charge her a late fee every month.Her excuses in the past have been back surgery,cancer treatments,her son didn't send her enough money this month, but her best one was when she said she was shopping at a local grocery store and a case of YAMS fell off a cart and landed on her foot she had to give my money to the emergency room this coming from a lady on state disability in my opinion she probably has health care.Last week when I called her to collect she said she didn't have the money and her son doesn't want her to sell her stocks to pay me for Sept. and Oct. 2003.So I told her not to worry about it I will sell mine to feed my family,after all I don't want to inconveince her for the work I did. I then told her that I have no choice but to take her to small claims court she promised me this will not happen in 2004 and I agreed as I walked away laughing to myself because she thinks I will be back in the spring.Not a chance did I mention the dog crap throughout the entire yard?
  2. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

thats what you get for stealing my customers
  3. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

You can have her back for a Silver Bullet

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

it is hard to be nice to someone that ignorant
  5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I would drop kick that one to the curb...see ya!!!
  6. LawnPerfect

LawnPerfect LawnSite Senior Member

Yep. Drop her and pick up two more accounts
  7. BrianK10

BrianK10 LawnSite Senior Member
    from usa

I'd most definetly drop her. One less you'll have to worry about.
  8. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

haha how can you put up with that crap in a professonal matter. I sure can't.
  9. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

You need to target the suburbs man rocky river westlake . The checks are always on time and dont bounce.
  10. cush

cush LawnSite Senior Member

I have a simple late payment policy. If you are late three times you must pay one month in advance. If they don't do that I drop them. If they give me any crap I say if your worth it pay up front otherwise I have no choice but to find another paying customer.