listen to this

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ajeaajea, Jun 13, 2008.

1. ajeaajea

ajeaajea LawnSite Member

So yesterday some lady calls and wants her grass cut because she is going on vacation. Nobody is going to be home she says. So i leave my trailer gate open. Its a brand new trailer. So anyways her son was still home and while i'm cutting the person up the street from her house he must have pulled out of the driveway over my trailer gate and bent it. I was so mad. I not sure what i should do. I thinking more on the lines of keying his car.

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

You're going to intentionally destroy his property? Did you try talking to him first to try and resolve this issue???

3. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

It's simple, treat it like you would if he backed into your truck. Ask him for his insurance info, and file a claim. If he won't give you the info, file a police report, he will end up paying for your repair and get a citation for improper lookout.

4. ajeaajea

ajeaajea LawnSite Member

i know what you mean but it a trailer not a car

5. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

It doesn't matter a bit. If he ran over your hedge, he is liable. Liability insurance is there to cover damage to others property. Legally there is no difference. For real:rolleyes:

6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

It's all right, don't worry about it...

If it's still useful I would just keep on, you now have a scar of war.
    This stuff is good for you, makes you look experienced :p
    More may be better but only the unintentional ones really count, and too many is not good.

7. daysel

daysel LawnSite Member
    from TEXAS

Key his car.:rolleyes:...that's the best thing you've come up with?

8. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

That sucks. You insured? Are THEY insured?

9. Military Lawns

Military Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

I use safety cones, two in the front of my truck and two at the rear. Not sure how effective they are but get some and see. They are very bright and extremely hard to miss.

DJ

10. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

I only have 2 customers, 2 houses away on the same side that I have to park my equipment on the street when I cut their lawns. It's a dead end street though so no real traffic at all. The rest of my customers have room enough for me to pull in the driveway. Most are not home when I mow so it's not a big deal to them and helps prevent theft as the thief would have to come on someones property to get near anything.