1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Listing equipment

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Macdiesiel, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Macdiesiel

Macdiesiel LawnSite Member

How come alot of the members list what they got as far as equipment goes.Is this a requirement?
  2. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Not a requirement, more like a way for people to know who has enough salt to say whatever they're saying. A lot of guys come in here and bash on equipment without having any sort of experience on them whatsoever. I don't have any iron myself, but I have a list a mile long of equipment I have operated.
  3. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

heyyy glen mills...where ya at down there? i work for a dirt company out of coatesville

as far as "listing equipment" some people like to brag i guess...after a little while on this site you will be able to figure out the guys that actually push dirt from the ones that supervise or just wish the knew how to run equipment

welcome on board
  4. Macdiesiel

Macdiesiel LawnSite Member

Hey Scag and Dirt ,thanks for the feed back.Dirt, I'm down near the stone quarry about a 1mile away.I've been in the lawn and landscape for about 25yrs,for myself 20yrs.I got 4 lazer exmarks 3 -60" with 27hps 1- 72" with 31hp and if your down this way I'm usually drive a cab over 4x4 Fuso dump with a deck over trailer in tow.Just blew out my Kubota L-35 but thinking about a Cat 257 rubber track loader and maybe a 302.5 used.I got other pieces but It all just iron and tools.
  5. kreft

kreft LawnSite Bronze Member

Welcome to lawnsite macdiesel!
  6. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

Because its easier to talk then prove. Its like "little man syndrome" but with equipment. As mentioned by others though, there are some who can back it up and those that can't become evident quickly. I'll be the first to admit though I'm just an over glorified lawnmower/snow plower with a heavy equipment addiction.
  7. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

i think it helps to know where guys are coming from. meaning a guy that runs a skid steer and mini ex isn't going to think the same way a backhoe guy does about backhoes. and vice versa, almost like a ford/chevy thing. after a period of time you can figure who knows what they are talking about but in the beginning i think it helps. another thing is lets say you go to a brand "a" dealer, he will be able to to tell everything wrong with a brand "b" machine but nothing about the problems with the "a". we all spend a lot of money hoping to make the correct decision for a bussiness that feeds the family, so sometimes maybe we can be a little brand loyal. otherwise it would be like admitting we didn't get the best deal or best machine. bussiness is competitive and you want to feel you have all the edges. it is nice to see who is loyal to what.
    good luck,
  8. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

MacDiesel....welcome to this little world of cyber-dirt. I have learned alot here, although I sometimes wonder what it is that I have learned. I have met some great folks who have become friends and we discuss business plans or just a good joke. I come here just to blow off steam at the end of the day from dealing with "happy homeowners" or alot of "wanna-be contractors". I don't list my equipment 'cause......hmmm, heck.....I just figured out how to post pictures a bit ago and I am not so fancy on a computer but I can make a hoe sing!!
  9. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

You gotta tickle her just right, RSG :laugh: :drinkup:
  10. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

Glad to see someone got my little attempt at humor......