Literature or Advice

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Fubba, Aug 5, 2006.

1. Fubba

Fubba LawnSite Senior Member

I've been doing this for about 4 years now. I've come to the point where I would like to install irrigation systems. I've been asked several times if I did it or not, and I think I would do quite well in this field. I know plumbing, and I know electrical because I also work for a contractor as a second job during the summer when I'm not in college. I just don't know irrigation. Could any of you provide any literature or some starting advice that would be a good base before starting actually doing this? I would like to have some background before jumping headlong into this side of things. I plan on doing my yard first so I'm sure that will help. Thanks for the recommendations guys.

2. Bigred350

Bigred350 LawnSite Senior Member

Well the first thing you need to do is figure out what type heads you want to use...rain bird, hunter. And dont by the cheap stuff from lowes you will regret it. Next would be to figure out how far each head you chose shoots. Get some flags and flag out your yard by putting a flag where each head will go. Then figure out your water pressure and gallons per minuet. Once you have that figured out you can determin how many heads you can run per zone. Get the underground lines marked and start trenching.