little animals

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GrassFearsMe, May 21, 2006.

1. GrassFearsMe

GrassFearsMe LawnSite Senior Member

sucked up my first living creature of the year. little baby bird. my co-worked vacummed a baby bunny last week too. He dodged a nest of baby bunnies the other day but one ran out in the street to get away and met a tire right in front of my face :cry:. upside is i run walkers so i don have to see the aftermath. hope thats it for the year.

2. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

I kill more with my mower than i do out hunting. I usually have a generous bag limit of baby rabits, baby squirrels, birds, frogs, snakes, the occasional turtle, mice, rats, and probably a few more species I left off. Not to mention the animals that are already dead in tall grass, just waiting for me to spread the sweet aroma around with the Super Z.:cool2:

3. Deere_Daze

Deere_Daze LawnSite Member

Its unfortunate, but it happens. I usually try not to run over small animals, but sometimes accidents happen.

4. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

I've been known to dismount and carry a snake or box turtle to safety. Yes, I did say snake. :)

5. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

I will do the same if I see them first.

6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

ahhh man I tried that a few times, the stupid things always pee and crap all over.
    Then again they were small snakes, not the mother.
    Grown snakes will leave, so long I stop and sit there for a few, they slither away.

7. Mac B.

Mac B. LawnSite Member

Hit a big frog in my yard Saturday with my weedeater. I did not see him at all until the weedeater hit him and slung guts and mess all over my pants. Guess thats why I wear long pants.

Mac

8. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

Either you are a NUT (snake) or you are just a loving person (lol) - Which one? :usflag:

9. Adam's Lawn and Garden

Adam's Lawn and Garden LawnSite Senior Member

I had my first commercial job 2 years ago. When i was mowing this little hill in front of the building, this little bunny ran in front and i stopped and it hid cover behind a bush. And from what i remember, i was later weedwacking, and saw it so i stopped again---called my dad over to remove of it so he picked it up and it jumped from his hands. From across this street comes this giant a$$ hawk and grabs it. Scared the sh*t out of my dad and i. i t dropped it after going to take off. So the baby rabit scared out off his fur has two little claw marks and that was it. So we put it at the back of the property, and it was crying a little. as soon as we were pooling away the hawk swopped down and grabbed it and carried it to the tree and ate it right in front of us, well it took him a while but yea. we were gonna save it but we figured it was already hurt and would hav gotten messed up more when it fell from the tree, and didn't want to mess up the circle of life. i was cool seeing a hawk that close even if it was scary. i almost hit some frogs, cam close but luckily saw them. i think i went over one once but i don't know if it did anything. I am scared at my new prop these people have this little dog the size of my hand and i don't want to hit it.

adam

10. GrassFearsMe

GrassFearsMe LawnSite Senior Member

almost hit a new kind of animal last fri. i was rushing to get a lawn done b4 this nasty storm hit and this two legged creature about 4 and a half foot tall come running out in front of my walker. thank god i looked up from the determined stare at the unfinshed lawn in time. Stupid kids have no thought process when it come to machinery. that would have been a real mess.